Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Super Purple Patch

Yessss...Thats the word to describe love, pyaar, mohabbat, ishq, kaadal so on and so forth. I was somehow never able to conjure up the ideal description. It seemed world over the dictionary was filled with words that could describe the "undescribable" feeling. No No..I am surely not in love..

Here is the story - I have a brother (big deal).. The point is that he is an exact carbon copy of me. Except he has better looks. The difference in looks however is difficult to discern. Its only when I have been extremely critical of how I look is how I have managed to arrive at this conclusion. Like most madrasis he was good at school, decent at college and thats about it. He did dabble a bit with GMAT and all, but then when he finally landed up in a good job, the thoughts kind of evaporated.

Arvind is a very very nice guy. Like the one on which I have a blog entry. Every kudi seem to mistake him for his friend when he so wants to be her lover. And since he is inching to the 30s (Deepak what bullshit, He is going to be just 28 this dec), his parents decided to put him on the "E-bay of marriage" - Tamilmatrimony.com. And so my brother was on sale. Like most foolish day dreamer he wanted to fall in love and then get married. I told him, "Boss, This doesnt happen. Give and take here and there, zero in on a decent girl and close it...that is if you want to get married." He understood where I was coming for. But my bro wanted to be the knight in shining armour - all draped in an iron dress, riding on a white horse, with a bouquet in his hand. Barring the last, I do not think he is adept at doing the rest. His parents, especially my Atte, is obsessed with dhoomketus & toote taare. So, each time she would get any response from the site she would run pillar to post with jadagams (horoscope or kundli) to brahmins who would analyse like Equity analyst & finally certify whether the proposed stock on offer was worth the investment of life or not. More often than not the proposals would get rejected at this level itself. The lucky ones who did manage down the first stage could not clear the all important stage of the boy's assent. And eventually my brother ended with many ladki dostiyan.

So, along came polly. I mean one day Arvind gets this arbid mail from a girl who liked his profile. So, they got talking, chatting, emailing. Over time it became addicting. Just when they were beginning to find each other's company interesting, kahani me twist aaya. Like a triangle a new hero emerged. This guy had earlier rejected the girl(The details are irrrelevant) and was remorseful. The girl was confused. And so were we. Ab kya? Now what? Though my brother denied it, but I could clearly notice his desperation for the girl. They had never met, but the attraction was palpable. I told him, "Dekh Bhai. Tell her not to put everybody in a state of needless confusion. Ask her to make up her mind - Ya is paar ya us paar." Though my bro was not in love, I told him to lie to the girl so that she gets the assurance. But both of us are basically from the very old school. He was of the view, "I think she needs time. Let me give her the space she needs." Cool.

So, today when my bro called up, he was upbeat. The girl in fact had decided to be with him. Ab uske din ki neend aur raaton ka chen chala gaya tha (Did I just manage to replace the phrase). Pyaar me sab jaayaz hai. He made some key observations.

a) I am in Love
b) Both of us are in Love (He and the girl stupids)
c) I am glad that I gave the space she needed to decide
d) Deepak, I am thankful I did not listen to you (Excuseeeee me)

Then he used this phrase - "You know Deepak, I am in this absolutely Super Purple Patch." I love literary jugglery. I instantly said, "Wah wah wah wah". His plans are that he is going to meet the girl at 6 am in the morning when he lands up in Chennai sometime soon. Teach her to fly kite on Marina Beach. I have personally assured him that the third guy can be dumped off anytime he wants. He said ,"Thank you very much." Fine by me. He advised me to "sow the seeds" to reap the benefits later. Meaning either register myself to that site or meet as many girls as possible, 'cause he believes it takes time to find the "right one". Hello I am no Morpheus searching for "Neo". I just had one answer, "Hmmmm.." Thats a common reply when I feel the other guy is bullshitting. He got it immediately , "Do whatever you want."

I didnt give it too much thought as I was too engrossed in the dead rubber between India-England. As I am writing this, I am still clueless about it. I just hope that Arvind ko uska pyaar mil jaaye. Kuchh to exciting ho life me, meri nahi to kisi aur ki hi sahi...

No comments: