Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dostana and Nice guys

Like most of my blogs, I will not start this one with a "So....". But I am so addicted to the word "So..", So pardon my readers (Off, here I go again). So, my friend resigned from his job. Since graduating from PG, he has changed 4 jobs. Apparently, he is not willing to go through the sales grind of sales targets, Danda and Gaali galoch. What is more appalling is that he is married now. We as a group are more worried about his career than him.

But after downing a couple of Beer Mugs, we zeroed in on our lives. In this unsafe world where three single guys are meeting over a drink, laughing and joking can be easily construed as Homosexuals, we began the discussion that most single men do - Women.

Shagun: Its been fucking 3 years & I dont have a girl with me as yet
Me: Its been fucking 26 years & I dont have a girl with me as yet
Atanu: Its been fucking 30 years & I dont have a girl with me as yet

(We all look at each other...blink...and down our drinks...bring on round two)

Shagun: Deepak, lets go to Bangkok. Its the sex capital of the world.
Me: And do what?
Atanu(giggles) : We will play cricket
Me: I dont think they have cricket grounds, besides its too expensive.
Shagun(petrified): Are you crazy? A 3 night and two day stay will be about 20 grand. Inclusive of massages, and the masti it will cost just about 50 ground. It will be much cheaper than going to Goa.
Atanu(We call him the "truck driver" for his ability to finish a bottle of whisky without a wink): I think its a good idea
Me: Will have to think about it. I have a marriage coming up in south, so I might just utilize my LTA there and you know...
Shagun: What an ass? Madrasi, kabhi to socha kar. ( A girl with scantily dressed passes by. We all stare her and bare her). See, do something beyond the letching.
(We again stare at each other......blink...and down our drinks......bring on round three)

We all come out. There was still time for the movie. It was the same all the way. We were in south delhi and the crowd there is a treat to the eyes. And your senses go haywire there. Mouths speaking, Stare elsewhere and mind god knows. In my argument with my friends on our favorite topic - "Love and Lust", I am the lone guy batting for "Love". And I was losing this one.....again....

Shagun: All guys are earning money to have sex with the best girl. The more money, the more sexier woman you get to screw.
Me: APJ Abdul Kalam.
Shagun: Did he have money?
Me: How do you know?
Shagun: What if he was doing his maid?
Atanu: he he he he. Disgusting. Shaggy c'mon...
Me: Give me "Google" and I....
Shagun: Sab bakwaas hai...trust me.....
Me: Ok Ok point taken. So, its all about screwing is it?
Shagun: Yo baby!
Me: You know Shagun, Its all sounds very simple to you dude. But I have a very complicated opinion on it.
Shagun: I know gyaani baba. Emotions wagerah...
Atanu: he he he he.....Both of us are yet to open our accounts.
(All laugh....and the entire crowd stops for a second to take a look at the miscreants)
Me: There is no shame in admission than screwing around with every fucking girl you meet.
Shagun: I never said that. But bhai, you must do the "Dew".
Me: Bad One. Though as a view point, I guess for me its fairly fine. But it just doesn't sink in well. I tend to confuse "Sexuality" with "Morality". I know its archaic. I feel like a "Terminator" sent to the future than back in time.
Shagun & Atanu: This joke is equally bad
Shagun: I read that Nice guy article you sent me. You are straight out of that one.
Me: I think its time for the movie.
Shagun (stubbs his smoke....giggles): Kuchh kar saale.....

We had a great time at the movie. "Dostana" is a nice time pass & worth a watch. The whole concept of "homosexuality" has been handled really well. It never comes cross as cheap. I think for once Abhishek redeemed himself after giving a pathetic performance in "Drona". When the movie ended, all three of us were sharing a smoke......An old lady passes by and started to giggle. Atanu is a gentle giant but suddenly he exploded, "Hum teeno ko koi problem nahi hai. Kya zamana hai 3 ladke chain se sutta bhi nahi maar sakte. Ghor kalyug!!!"...

I guess that just sort of summarizes the fact. Some of us are single by choice but mostly are by chance. There is internal commotion to which category I belong to. More than that its just that I belong to a rare breed that still has some semblance of respect left for the fairer sex. I think they are an intelligent breed that has far more to offer than merely satisfaction of sexual fantasies of guys.

What say ladies???

1 comment:

lazydeeps said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.